Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Biking

As we could not make it to the Rich Juryn bike trail
dedication day recently, we thought we would go out there today. Rolled into the parking lot and got out of the Jeep to ask a hiker where the Rich Juryn trail was. Through force of habit locked the doors with my remote. Walked over 100 feet to the trail map and was studying it when "honk ... honk ... honk!" pierced the serene air. Tried to ignore it as I thought, "This will be over when some alarm resets in a minute or so!" Then I realized it was my Jeep as Clare tried to open the door without me deactivating the alarm. Fumbled around for the remote and not having deactivated it much before, proceeded to press the wrong button a few times. There were two or three other parties around. In a moment of utter frustration I muttered ##@!*$%# which seemed to set off the teens and the Dad parked next to us to the same *##$%@# as the sister shut the door on her older brother's arm. Clare in the meantime is glaring at me. OK, I shouted to all within earshot ... "I am so sorry ... let's everyone enjoy this great day."

A woman got out of the same car as the hiker was at and I looked over ... Cindy! ... "Hi Bob", she says with a familiar look. It was Brian, Cindy and their new baby girl, Chloe. "I am sooo terribly embarrassed and sorry ... blah, blah, blah!" I pleaded. Brian says "Forget it." Cindy, was on the CFMI Rock 101 Ski Team with Rich, Jill, and us back in the really great party days. Cindy and Brian just got married last winter. We had to talk for quite a few minutes before heading off on our bikes. Turned out to be a great day although we will have to bike the Rich Juryn trail another day!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Thanks Bob & Clare ... and Cindy too! Wow, haven't seen her in awhile! Let me know if you're going to try Rich's trail again and we'll give you the guided tour ... :c)jill